Monday, April 11, 2011

2 years ago

Two years ago today, my dad went to be with Jesus. Exactly 6 months to the day from being diagnosed with lung cancer. Those 6 months went by so fast. If only we knew!
We planted 2 apple trees last year in honor of my dad. We used to sing a song together every night, when I was a little girl "don't sit under the apple tree." We danced to that song at my wedding and a cousin played it on the guitar at his funeral.
They are doing great, lots of leaves. One day there will be apples!
I miss him more than I can even explain or show.
But today, I prayed and thanked the Lord for the wonderful years we had together. For the wonderful woman I became because of him (and my mom.) For the kindness he showed others. For his sweet and tender spirit even when I was not so sweet and tender. For showing that a man has strengths and weaknesses and that is ok. For loving me well.
I prayed for Jacob that he would have wisdom and revelation on how to raise two sweet little girls in such a not so sweet world! That his relationship with them would be like none other.
So, I close this post thinking about my dad. And telling my blog readers to call your dad if you can. You only have one set of parents.....
Sometimes I wonder why God didn't set up a phone line so we could talk to our family in heaven, that would be perfect!
Miss you daddy and love you!

No comments: