Thursday, January 6, 2011

Birth Story

Harper Caid Ferrell, was born January 5th, 2011 at 3:01pm. He weighed 8lbs 5ozs and was 21.5 inches long.
On Tuesday January 4th, I started having small contractions...every 10 minutes or so. Nothing to worry about and I wasn't stopping in my tracks. They slowly faded Tuesday night. Wednesday morning, 3:30am I woke up with some heavy contractions. I allowed Jake to sleep and went downstairs. I emptied the dishwasher, got the girls clothes ready for my moms house, cleaned the floor and laid on the couch. I fell asleep and woke up at 5:30am with heavier contractions. I woke Jake up and we started timing them and they were 5-10mins apart. We called my mom at 6:30am and told her to come and pick the girls around 8:30am. Called Debbie Perry our midwife and told her to come around 9am...just to check to see where we were at. The girls woke up at 7:30 and we fed them breakfast and got them dressed. My mom came and got the girls...and took them to her house for the night and Debbie arrived around 9-9:30am. My contractions eased when she arrived so, we ended up talking until 11:30am. She decided to check me anyways because she needed to go back to the birthing center. When she checked I was 4cm dilated. So, she left and Jake needed to go to Lowes to get a part for the birthing tub hose and he wanted to get us Jack Stack for lunch. I put on Brian and Jenn Johnson's worship and I decided to get into our bath tub to relax....he was gone for 30 mins and within the 30 mins my contractions picked back up and were 3-5mins apart. I didn't even want to eat the Jack Stack when he got back. He called Debbie, who couldn't come but she had a back up in plan...Amber (who is amazing.) Amber arrived at 12:30pm checked me and I was 9cm dilated. So within the hour that Debbie left, I went from a 4-9cm. We filled the birthing tub and it was so relaxing. My contractions were actually light, easy and we were talking in between them, up until the last 20 minutes when he was crowning. I felt so comfortable in my own space, in our room and at home. We prayed for the Holy Spirit to come along with the midwives...
Jake was amazing...he caught Harper right out of the water and handed him to me. He was born at 3:01pm. Jake weeped, cried and weeped!
It was such a smooth and really actually easy labor.
We are excited that Harper has arrived.....! I will post more later......time for bed!


Lora said...

wow! you are so blessed! what an easy labor you had. praise God!!

susanna said...

awesome!! i loved the tub too!! so glad you had it! :) you are getting good at giving birth lacy!! :) you are amazing!