Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grinding Grain!

Yeah...I am finally grinding our own wheat and grain. Last year Jacob went on a ministry trip to Atlanta, Georgia. He stayed with a family that did this. Jacob told the mom of the house that I wanted to start doing this, so she gave him a CD called "Eating the bread of Idols." I really never got around to the CD and never really got around to grinding our own grain....Well, I listened to the CD 2 months ago and I can't explain how convicting it was. If you want a copy just let me know or you can check out the website www.breadbeckers.com. The lady on the CD (not the same one that Jacob stayed with) has done her research for the last 20 years on the benefits of grinding your own grain/wheat's. She also, sells a cookbook that provides recipes of all different breads, deserts, bagels, soups, dinner items, breakfast items etc, and what kind of wheat to use. She also mentions the benefits of Honey vs. the cons of white and brown sugar (refined)..which we have been working on not eating as well. We purchased this cookbook and love it....I would recommend this book....
So, I did make some bagels for the first time tonight...The recipe will have to be performed a few more times to get it correct...but it wasn't bad for my first try! Let me know if anyone has any questions regarding the CD....

1 comment:

Tom Lacy said...

Wow that sounds exciting, how can I get a copy of the CD? From that website? Thanks for posting this Lacy! Hilary